Lymm Runners collects only the data we need to conduct a running club. We follow best practice on handling and storing it, and we don’t share it with anyone else unless we are obliged to or permitted to by law.
The website is maintained by Lymm Runners. For the purposes of data protection legislation, Lymm Runners is the data controller.
Lymm Runners is the owner of www.lymmrunners.org and we are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation).
This Policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation.
NOTE: We are committed to full adoption of this Policy by March 31st 2018.
The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you through our website:
- Your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, emergency contact data nominated by you, and (for our coaches, leaders and club officials), details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold. Collectively, this is referred to as your Athletics Data.
We may collect the following information about you via email (solely to enable the print and supply of individual ‘In Case of Emergency’ (ICE) bands):
- Your name, an emergency contact number, and any health or allergy information you wish to record.
How we use your information
Depending upon the nature of your request to us we may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- If you email us with an enquiry we may use your personal information to:
Contact you with a response to your enquiry.
- If you apply for club membership, we may use your personal information to:
- Process your membership request and payments.
- Share data with committee members.
- Provide you with information about club sessions, competitions, activities, membership renewals, social events and key policy or governance changes.
- Share and publish race and competition results.
- Invite you to join the Lymm Runners closed Facebook group.
- If you request a printed ICE band we will use your personal information to:
- Process your request
- Share with ICE band printers, Hellermann Tyton to fulfil the order
- Note that once your order is processed Lymm Runners and Hellermann Tyton will not retain your data.
- If you participate in club events (training and/or races, fun runs etc.) we may use your personal information to:
- Share data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions / events.
- Share anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g Local Authority, County Sports Partnership.
- Analyse anonymised data to monitor club trends.
- If you participate in club team events e.g. cross-country league we may use your personal information to:
- Share data with club captain / team managers to enter events.
- Share data with leagues, county associations and other competition providers for entry in their events.
- Event Marketing Communication (where separate consent is provided) we may use your personal information to:
- Send you information about our organised race events.
Our Legal bases for processing your information
We will process your Athletics Data (Athletics Data is defined in our Privacy Statement) on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- To record your club membership and membership payment / renewal.
- Anonymised, attendance data may be supplied to Active Cheshire and/or Warrington Livewire (Regional partners of England Athletics and distributors of funding for Sport England).
- If you request to become a registered athlete with England Athletics, we will share your Athletics Data with them.
We will share only what is needed for those purposes and, where possible, will anonymise the data before sharing. If we would like to share your information for any other purpose we will ask for your consent.
When we collect information from you, we will obtain permission to send you information about our club-organised events.
Under certain conditions, Lymm Runners may be required to share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of crime prevention or detection.
Protecting your information
- The Internet is not generally a secure medium for communication and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us over the Internet.
- As a local club managed entirely by volunteers, the data that we collect from you is transferred via email. This means it will be held on various email file servers used by the club committee and key club communicators.
- Your data is held in protected folders within the cloud (Google Drive and/or Dropbox). This storage has inbuilt security and access is restricted to – and controlled by – the management committee.
- Where practicable, we protect your data via password-protection of file attachments and/or file encryption.
- Members’ emergency contact details are distributed to Run Leaders via a secure (password-protected) spreadsheet updated at least twice annually.
- By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- We will not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area.
- A PII (Person-Identifiable Information) data map and risk assessment is available on request from Compliance@lymmrunners.org.uk.
In future, we may use a third party provider to deliver our club e-newsletter.
When we collect your personal data (as part of membership application or renewal) we will ask you for your consent to participate in our surveys. Periodically we will seek your views on club activities or club development using a third party provider, Survey Monkey (www.surveymonkey.com).
If you have provided consent to participate, we will transfer your data to Survey Monkey for these purposes only. In each survey, we will clearly tell you what data we are collecting, and provide a link to terms and conditions for any incentives offered to take part in that survey.
Service and Marketing messages
If you are not a current member and currently receiving unwanted communications from Lymm Runners please let us know by contacting Compliance@lymmrunners.org.uk.
Finding out what information Lymm Runners holds about you
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please email: Compliance@lymmrunners.org.uk.
You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.
Any data that we collect from you will be deleted in accordance with timescales set out below:
- Athletics Data: Three years after an individual has not renewed their membership
- Printed ICE band data: Not retained after order fulfilment
- Published race results and Club Records: Indefinitely
Note: race results are published and freely available online from many sources. Lymm Runners cannot manage data controlled by third-parties.
What are cookies?
By continuing to use this site you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
Automatically collected access information
- Essential technical information: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
- Nonessential technical information: the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site, and the “cookie information” described below
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer until you close the browser. Our website uses a session cookie which is stored in your browser until you close it to ensure connections to our servers are distributed evenly to provide optimal performance.
- Analytical cookies – Lymm Runners WordPress website uses Google Analytics (third party cookie). They are used for the following purposes:
- a cookie to record the time of your: first visit to website; most recent visit and your current visit
- a cookie to record how long you stayed on the website
- a cookie to manage the number of requests from the current page to other site resources .
Can I opt out of cookies?
Yes you can restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, and you can do so by accessing your Internet browser settings. The ’Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.allaboutcookies.org
However, please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the websites you visit. For information on how to manage cookies on a mobile phone, games console or internet-enabled television, you should refer to the operations manual specific to each device. To opt out of any third-parties using cookies where data about your interaction with our website is collected, please refer to their website for this information.