The club has a summer championship to foster (friendly) competition between members. The championship consists of a series of races and the best performances as several distances (e.g. Marathon). This allows us to:
- Encourage members to try a range of events over differing distances and terrain.
- Focus on getting a good turnout of members at a select group of events,
- Support local events by having a many members taking part as possible.
- Provide a focus for competition for club members and hence improve member’s performance.
At the end of the season there will be awards for:
- The overall male winner
- The overall female winner
- The highest placed M40 runner
- The highest placed L35 runner
- The highest placed M50+ runner
- The highest placed L45+ runner
Past championship winners can be found here.
|1||16th April||Hale 5 Miler||Road|
|2||24 April||Whitley 10K||Road|
|3||28 April &
|Mid-Cheshire 5K – best one||Road|
|4||2 May||Mobberley ‘Round the Runway’||Road/Trail|
|5||26 June||Colshaw 10K||Road|
|6||29 June||Warrington 10K||Road|
|7||1 July||WRC Summer 5 Miler||Trail|
|8||5 July||Forest Park Ladies||Trail|
|9||9 July||Lymm Trail Run||Trail|
|10||13 July||The Wizard||Road/Trail|
|11||2 August||Pie & Peas||Trail|
|13||25th March||North Cheshire Series – best one||Road|
|June-Aug||Harrock Hill Fell Race Series – best one||Fell|
|July Aug||Sale Sizzlers – best one||Road|
|14||*||Best Half Marathon Time|
|15||*||Best Warrington Park Run|
|16||*||Best Marathon Time|
The best 10 performances will count towards the championship.
For each race in the championship, each runner would get a number of points depending on their position in the list of runners from the club. Non-runners would get a fixed number of points based upon how many runners there were.
For instance, if a recent Warrington parkrun was in the championships then the points awarded would be:
And all the other males in the club would get 5 + 15 points and the other females get 4 + 15 points.
For the Best of (e.g. Marathon), all the times achieved by runners during the period are combined together as if it was one race and the points are calculated as before.
The championship is decided by totaling up the lowest 10 points for each runner and the runner with the lowest score is the champion.