When are the races?
Sunday 1st July 2018:
The Fun Run begins at 10.30 am, the 5km Race takes place at 11.00am and the 10km Race takes place at 12.00 noon.
What are the routes?
The Fun Run is a course of approximately 1 mile around Lymm High School playing fields.
Both the 5k and 10k races follow the same course, which starts and finishes at Lymm High School playing fields. The course will be clearly marked and entirely off road, around Helsdale and Spud Woods. Note that the courses are only approximately 5km/10km.
What shoes should I wear?
All the races are entirely off road, so trail running shoes are best. Road shoes are perfectly adequate in dry weather and the course is also suitable for (short) spikes.
– Fun Run
Entrants must be aged 11 years or less on race day.
Entrants shall be at least 12 years old on the date of the Race,
Entrants must be at least 16 years old on the date of the Race. Any Entrant under the age of 18 on the day of the Race must provide parental consent when entering the race.
Entry is personal but is transferable to any other person through NiftyEntries up until 23:59 on 24th June 2018. Entrants can also edit their entries up to the same time.
Any entrant may withdraw his/ her entry at any time by emailing the Organisers. However, the entrance fee will not be refundable.
Where is registration?
The registration desk is at the back of the school in the car park.
When do I get my number?
You must pick up your number from the registration desk on the morning of the race. The registration desk will be open from approximately 9:30am.
5km and 10km entrants must collect their Race Number from the registration desk at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the Race. The number must be displayed on the front of their running vest/shirt throughout the Race.
There will be water at the end of the 5K lap.
Where can I park?
There is car parking at Lymm High School. Marshals will be on hand to guide you.
What are the prizes?
- Junior Runner (aged 12 to 15 on the day of the Race)
- Senior Male (aged 16 or over on the day of the Race)
- Senior Female (aged 16 or over on the day of the Race)
- 1st Senior Male
- 1st Senior Female
Can I bring my dog?
Sorry, no dogs are allowed on Lymm High School playing fields.
How can I contact the organisers?
The Promoter of the Lymm Festival Fun Run, 5km and 10km Trail Races on 1st July 2018 is Lymm Runners, a UK Athletics affiliated running club. The Race Organisers are Lymm Runners.
Before race day, the Organisers can be contacted about any race related matter via email at: email@example.com.
Lymm Festival Fun Run, 5km and 10km Trail Races – Rules 2018
The Promoter of the Lymm Festival Fun Run, 5km and 10km Trail Races on 1 July 2018 is Lymm Runners, a UK Athletics affiliated running club. The Race Organisers are Lymm Runners.
Before race day, the Organisers can be contacted about any race-related matter via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Katy O’Connor of Lymm Runners will be acting as the Race Director on race day, 1 July 2018.
The Fun Run begins at 10.30am, the 5km Race takes place at 11.00am and the 10km Race takes place at 12.00noon. The Fun Run is a course of approximately 1 mile around Lymm High School playing fields. Both 5k and 10k races follow the same course, which starts and finishes at Lymm High School playing fields. The course will be clearly marked and entirely off-road, around Helsdale and Spud Woods. Note that the course is approximately 5km/10km and has not been measured by a UKA Graded Course Measurer.
The Lymm Festival 5km and 10km Trail Races take place under British Athletics rules, and with a race permit from the Trail Running Association (permit number 1860) and British Athletics public liability insurance. For details see: http://www.uka.org.uk/governance/insurance/
The full British Athletics race rules can be found at: http://www.uka.org.uk/competitions/rules/ . Nothing within the Rules below modifies the British Athletics race rules and in the event of any apparent or assumed contradiction, British Athletics race rules have priority.
- By submitting an entry to the Race, all Entrants confirm that they are aware of and agree to abide by these Rules.
- An Entrant for the Fun Run shall be aged 11 years or less. For the 5km Race, an Entrant shall be at least 12 years old on the date of the Race and an Entrant for the 10km Race shall be at least 16 years old on the date of the Race. Any Entrant under the age of 18 on the day of the Race shall provide to the Organisers before the Race the express consent of a parent or guardian. All Entrants shall abide by the directions given by the Officials and Marshals. An Entrant who does not obey the Rules may be disqualified and at the discretion of the Organisers may be barred from future Races they promote.
- All Entrants shall provide correct and legible information on the online entry form and each undertakes to update that information to the Organisers promptly until the day of the Race should the information provided cease to be correct. The Organisers disclaim any liability for any action or inaction they make whilst acting on the basis of incorrect or illegible information supplied by an Entrant.
- By completing the on-line entry form and the disclaimer therein, Entrants waive any and all rights and/or claims which they have, may have, or may hereafter accrue against the Race Promoter or Organisers for any and all damages or injuries and/or claims which may be sustained directly or indirectly arising out of my participation in the Race (including the application of emergency or medical services at the Event), except in the case that the Organiser or Promoter has been proved to be negligent in his duty of care towards the Entrant.
- All Entrants are responsible for fully filling in the medical details on the online entry form. All information provided by Entrants of a personal and/or medical nature is held in confidence by the Organisers solely for the purposes of organising the Race. However, if an Entrant should suffer an injury or a medical condition during the Race or whilst at Race Headquarters, consent is deemed to have been given by that Entrant for relevant personal and medical information to be provided to medical persons attending the Race, the Race Director and/or his nominee and to any person accompanying the Entrant to the Race.
- The entry by an Entrant is personal but is transferrable by the Entrant to any other person only through Nifty Entries up until 23:59 on 24 June 2018.
- Any Entrant may withdraw his/her entry at any time by emailing the Organisers. However, the entrance fee will not be refundable.
- 5km and 10km Entrants shall collect their Race Number from the registration point at the Race start at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the Race, which must be displayed on the front of their running vest/shirt throughout the Race.
- During any Race briefing, after being summoned to the start and during the Race itself, Entrants are not permitted to employ mobile phones, or wear headsets, ear pieces (excluding hearing aids) or any other apparatus or headgear that may impede their own ability to hear directions from the Officials or Marshals or to hear other Entrants, traffic or other trail users.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners, namely the first male and the first female to finish (clock time) in two categories for the 5km Race, namely:
- Seniors (aged 16 or over on the day of the Race)
- Juniors (aged 12 to 15 on the day of the Race)
and in one category for the 10km Race:
- Seniors (aged 16 or over on the day of the Race)
- Entries are entered onto the entry list in order of their receipt and are provisional until payment has been made. On-line entry will be closed for each of the 5km and 10km Races when 250 entries have been allocated.
- The Organisers reserve the right to alter the time or the date of the Race, if in the opinion and at the discretion of the Officials in consultation with the Promoter, it would not be safe to hold the Race at the scheduled time and date, for example due to but not limited to unsafe conditions underfoot. The Organisers will endeavour to warn Entrants promptly by notice on one or more websites (including http://www.lymmfestival.org.uk/ and/or http://lymmrunners.org.uk/lymm-festival-trail-races-2018/ ) and/or by email if the Race is not being held at the scheduled date and time and will seek to arrange an alternative date, but if no alternative date can be arranged, we further reserve the right to cancel the Race without refund of the entry fee.
- The Organisers reserve the right to alter the course on the day of the Race if, in the opinion and at the discretion of the Officials, it would not be safe to follow the specified route, even if by so doing, the length of the Race is no longer as originally indicated.
- The Organisers reserve the right to impose a cut-off time of 60 minutes for completion of the 5km Race and 120 minutes for completion of the 10km Race and to decline entries from any Entrant who indicates that he or she would take longer than the cut-off time to complete the course.
And Finally, Please…
We rely on the goodwill of Lymm High School and Spud Wood estate administrators to stage these events and must respect their property at all times. Please, put any rubbish in the bins provided and leave no litter.
Be aware of other people whilst you are running and be as courteous as possible to them. This is especially true in Helsdale and Spud Woods as they are open to the public.