When are the races?
Sunday 9th July:
The Fun Run begins at 10.30 am, the 5km Race takes place at 11.00am and the 10km Race takes place at 12.00 noon.
What are the routes?
The Fun Run is a course of approximately 1 mile around Lymm High School playing fields.
Both the 5k and 10k races follow the same course, which starts and finishes at Lymm High School playing fields. The course will be clearly marked and entirely off road, around Helsdale and Spud Woods. Note that the courses are only approximately 5km/10km.
What shoes should I wear?
All the races are entirely off road, so trail running shoes are best. Road shoes are perfectly adequate in dry weather and the course is also suitable for (short) spikes.
Are there age restrictions?
– Fun Run
Entrants must be aged 11 years or less.
Entrants shall be at least 12 years old on the date of the Race,
Entrants must be at least 16 years old on the date of the Race. Any Entrant under the age of 18 on the day of the Race must provide to parental consent when entering the race.
Can I transfer my entry?
Entry is personal but is transferable to any other person through NiftyEntries up until 23:59 on Sun 2nd July. Entrants can also edit their entries up to the same time.
Any entrant may withdraw his/ her entry at any time by emailing the Organisers. However, the entrance fee will not be refundable.
Where is registration?
The registration desk is at the back of the school in the car park.
When do I get my number?
You must pick up your number from the registration desk on the morning of the race. The registration desk will be open from approximately 9:30am.
5km and 10km entrants must collect their Race Number from the registration desk at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the Race. The number must be displayed on the front of their running vest/shirt throughout the Race.
Is there water during the race?
There will be water at the end of the 5K lap.
Where can I park?
There is car parking at Lymm High School. Marshals will be on hand to guide you.
What are the prizes?
1st Junior Runner (aged 12 to 15 on the day of the Race)
1st Senior Male (aged 16 or over on the day of the Race)
1st Senior Female (aged 16 or over on the day of the Race)
1st Senior Male
1st Senior Female
Can I bring my dog?
Sorry, no dogs are allowed on Lymm High School playing fields.
How can I contact the organisers?
The Promoter of the Lymm Festival Fun Run, 5km and 10km Trail Races on 9th July 2017 is Lymm Runners, a UK Athletics affiliated running club. The Race Organisers are Lymm Runners.
Before race day, the Organisers can be contacted about any race related matter via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
The Lymm Festival 5km and 10km Trail Races take place under British Athletics rules, and with a race permit from the Trail Running Association (permit no. 1084) and British Athletics public liability insurance. For details see: http://www.britishathletics.
Full British Athletics race rules are available at http://www.britishathletics.
Nothing within the Rules below modifies the British Athletics race rules and in the event of any apparent or assumed contradiction, British Athletics race rules have priority.
- By submitting an entry to the Race, all Entrants confirm that they are aware of and agree to abide by these Rules.
- Littering will result in immediate disqualification. We rely on the good will of Lymm High School and Spud Wood estate administrators to stage these events and must respect their property at all times. If you are caught intentionally littering you will be banned from all future events.
- Please be aware of other people whilst you are running and be as polite and courteous as possible to them. This is especially true in Helsdale and Spud Woods as they are open to the public.
- All Entrants shall abide by the directions given by the Officials and Marshals. An Entrant who does not obey the Rules may be disqualified and at the discretion of the Organisers may be barred from future Races they promote.
- All Entrants shall provide correct and legible information on the online entry form and each undertakes to update that information to the Organisers promptly until the day of the Race should their supplied information cease to be correct. The Organisers disclaim any liability for any action or inaction they make whilst acting on the basis of incorrect or illegible information supplied by an Entrant.
- By completing the online entry form and the disclaimer therein, Entrants waive any and all rights and/or claims which they have, may have, or may hereafter accrue against the Race Promoter or Organisers for any and all damages or injuries and/or claims which may be sustained directly or indirectly arising out of my participation in the Race (including the application of emergency or medical services at the Event), except in the case that the Organiser or Promoter has been proved to be negligent in his duty of care towards the Entrant.
- All Entrants are responsible for fully filling in the medical details on the online entry form. All information provided by Entrants of a personal and/or medical nature is held in confidence by the Organisers solely for the purposes of organising the Race. However, if an Entrant should suffer an injury or a medical condition during the Race or whilst at Race Headquarters, consent is deemed to have been given by that Entrant for relevant personal and medical information to be provided to medical persons attending the Race, the Race Director and/or his nominee and to any person accompanying the Entrant to the Race.
- During any Race briefing, after being summoned to the start and during the Race itself, Entrants are not permitted to employ mobile phones, or wear headsets, ear pieces (excluding hearing aids) or any other apparatus or headgear that may impede their own ability to hear directions from the Officials or Marshals or to hear other Entrants, traffic or other trail users.
- Entries are entered onto the entry list in order of their receipt and are provisional until payment has been made. On-line entry will be closed for each of the 5km and 10km Races when 250 entries have been allocated.
- The Organisers reserve the right to alter the time or the date of the Race, if in the opinion and at the discretion of the Officials in consultation with the Promoter, it would not be safe to hold the Race at the scheduled time and date, for example due to but not limited to unsafe conditions underfoot. The Organisers will endeavour to warn Entrants promptly by notice on one or more websites (including http://lymmrunners.org.uk/) and/or by email. If the Race is not being held at the scheduled date and time, we will seek to arrange an alternative date, but if no alternative date can be arranged, we further reserve the right to cancel the Race without refund of the entry fee.
- The Organisers reserve the right to alter the course on the day of the Race if, in the opinion and at the discretion of the Officials, it would not be safe to follow the specified route, even if by so doing, the length of the Race is no longer as originally indicated.
- The Organisers reserve the right to impose a cut-off time of 60 minutes for completion of the 5km Race and 120 minutes for completion of the 10km Race and to decline entries from any Entrant who indicates that he or she would take longer than the cut-off time to complete the course.