Lymm Runners is a friendly local running club managed by a voluntary committee. We aim to promote running for fun, fitness and competition in the Lymm area and are affiliated to England Athletics (EA) and ultimately, United Kingdom Athletics (UKA). Lymm Runners is the data controller under data protection legislation.
What data we will collect
In becoming a member, Lymm Runners will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, emergency contact data nominated by you, and (for our coaches, leaders and club officials), details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold. Collectively, this is referred to as your Athletics Data.
Race results that are publically available will be collated and re-published on the Lymm Runners website. In addition, results of club competition and inter-club competition may also be published on our website. Please be aware that when you participate in any sporting event, your results will be published on the organiser’s site and numerous other race results sites. In many cases photographs are posted with runners’ names and individuals are identified.
We plan to offer all members a printed ‘In Case of Emergency’ (ICE) band. To process any request we will need to collect your name, an emergency contact number, and any health or allergy information you wish to record. We refer to this as your ICE band data.
If you run with us as a guest (a non-member) you are required to provide your name and emergency contact details. These are held as a hand-written note only, and are destroyed at the end of each run session.
Whether you are a member or a guest, Lymm Runners records and stores anonymous ‘head-count’ totals for each run session.
Photographs are often taken at Lymm Runners training sessions and at Lymm Runners’ competitions. The photographs may be used by the Club on this website and in club publicity and promotion. Wherever practicable, individual names will not be used.
Why we will collect it
- We will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering you as a member of Lymm Runners and administering your involvement in the sport.
- We will process your ICE band data solely to fulfil the request (i.e. to provide you with your individual ICE band).
- We monitor numbers attending so we can plan future sessions (i.e. try to ensure sufficient numbers of run leaders are available according to numbers participating).
In both cases, we will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a member (and where requested by you, registering your details with England Athletics) and to administer our club activities.
How long we will keep it
We will retain your Athletics Data for such time as you are a member registered with us and will then delete your information as follows:
- Athletics Data: Three years after an individual has not renewed their membership.
- Printed ICE band data: Not retained after order fulfilment
- Published race results and Club Records: Indefinitely
Note: race results are published and freely available online from many sources. Lymm Runners cannot manage data controlled by third-parties
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- To access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- To object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- To prevent processing for direct marketing;
- To object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- In certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- To claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
Sharing your data
Where you request EA affiliation (often referred to as “UKA affiliation”) and/or participation in club-entered events, we will share your Athletics Data with athletics partners including: EA, UK Athletics, North West Cross-Country league partners, other Home Country Athletics Organisations, selected members of the National Council, Regional Councils, County Athletics Association and / or Area Athletics Association and third-party data managers that we appoint as data processors as part of administering your involvement in sport.
Where you request a printed ICE band we share your data with the specialist printers Hellerman Tyton. Note that once your order is processed Lymm Runners and Hellermann Tyton will not retain your data.
We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will also not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not Athletics Data.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how Lymm Runners collects and/or processes your personal data, please contact Compliance@lymmrunners.org.uk in the first instance.
If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by Lymm Runners, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk).