When you apply for membership of Lymm Runners you complete an application form. In doing this you give us your personal data record: your name and your email address and emergency contact details. (All of these are referred to as ‘personal identifiers’ under GDPR – General Data Protection Regulations).
If you run with us as a guest (a non-member) you are required to provide your name and emergency contact details. These are held as a hand-written note only, and are destroyed at the end of each run session.
Whether you are a member of a guest, Lymm Runners records and stores anonymous ‘head-count’ totals for each run session.
How Lymm Runners will use this data
The head-count totals will be used to:
- Allow us to monitor numbers attending so we can plan future sessions (i.e. try to ensure sufficient numbers of run leaders are available according to numbers participating).
Your personal data will be used to:
- Contact you with important club updates/information and membership information
- Contact your nominated emergency number in the event that you get seperated from your running group and we cannot account for you, or that you get into some other difficulty that we need to escalate.
- Help us plan for future training sessions and events (i.e. we will try to respond to your needs in terms of your stated motives and goals).
UK Athletics and Active Cheshire
Lymm Runners is affiliated to UK Athletics (UKA). We receive support from them (in the form of training opportunities) via their regional partner, Active Cheshire.
We provide attendance data and some personal data – i.e. your name, DOB and email address to Active Cheshire solely for the purpose of:
- Monitoring the success of Lymm Runners’ programmes; and
- Helping Active Cheshire plan for future local sports activities.
Active Cheshire commit that personal data will not be shared with any third parties outside of the National Governing Body (UKA) and Active Cheshire.
In addition, we provide statistical attendance data only to Warrington Council (individuals cannot be identified from these statistics).
We will use the contact details you provide (on your membership form) to:
- Keep you informed about club-related activities – including changes to regular training schedules, notice of additional sessions or events, and general club ‘news’;
- Let you know about other sporting activities that may be of interest to you;
- Seek your views on club-related issues;
- In an emergency – if we have concerns for your welfare.