When you apply for membership of Lymm Runners you complete an application form. In doing this you give us your personal data record: your name and your email address and emergency contact details. (All of these are referred to as ‘personal identifiers’ under GDPR – General Data Protection Regulations).
If you run with us as a guest (a non-member) you are required to provide your name and emergency contact details. These are held as a hand-written note only, and are destroyed at the end of each run session.
Members’ personal data is stored in a database accessible only by Lymm Runners’ management committee. Members’ emergency contact details are distributed Run Leaders via a secure (password-protected) spreadsheet maintained at least twice annually.
Whether you are a member or a guest, Lymm Runners records and stores anonymous ‘head-count’ totals for each run session.
How Lymm Runners will use this data
The head-count totals will be used to:
- Monitor numbers attending so we can plan future sessions (i.e. try to ensure sufficient numbers of run leaders are available according to numbers participating).
Your personal data will be used to:
- Alert your emergency contact(s) if we have concerns for your welfare.
- Contact you with important club updates/newsletters, safety information and membership renewals.
- Help us plan for future training sessions and events (i.e. we will try to respond to your needs in terms of your stated motives and goals).
UK Athletics and Active Cheshire
Lymm Runners is affiliated to UK Athletics (UKA). We receive support from them (in the form of training opportunities) via their regional partner, Active Cheshire.
We provide attendance data and some personal data – i.e. your name, DOB and email address to Active Cheshire solely for the purpose of:
- Monitoring the success of Lymm Runners’ programmes; and
- Helping Active Cheshire plan for future local sports activities.
Active Cheshire commit that personal data will not be shared with any third parties outside of the National Governing Body (UKA) and Active Cheshire.
In addition, we provide statistical attendance data only to Warrington Council (individuals cannot be identified from these statistics).
Photographs & Running Results
Photographs are often taken at Lymm Runners training sessions. In addition, photographs are often taken of Lymm Runners members taking part in running events. The photographs are used by the Club on this website, and in club publicity and promotion.