The Beacon Fell cross country race is hosted by Skelmersdale Boundary Harriers. The race is one of the toughest in the league with some steep sections and potentially muddy depending on the recent weather. Spike shoes are best for this course, trail shoes are OK. If you run in road shoes then you will slip around so please be careful.
How to get there
- Take the M6 northbound and exit at J26 (M58 turn off)
- Follow m58 westbound exit J5
- Follow loop around and under M58 onto Stannanought Road
- Turn right onto windmill road
- Turn right at mini roundabout onto Newgate Road
- Left at next mini roundabout onto Ormskirk Road
- Continue up Ormskirk road over 2 duplex mini roundabout and through a pedestrian crossing at the cross road (pub on left & chippy across the road)
- Turn left into Mill Lane
- Continue along Mill Lane for about a mile passing 1st car park on left (harts car park) and just along from here is the main car park (which can become a bit cramped)
A map of the course can be found on the Skelmersdale Bounday Harriers website.
There is parking next to the start field. This will fill up and there are other car parks nearby.
There are toilets nearby at one of the other car parks, and showering facilities at Our Lady’s Queen of Peace RC High School.
The results and refreshments will be at Our Lady’s Queen of Peace RC High School (Glenburn Rd, Skelmersdale, WN8 6JW), see the Skelmersdale Bounday Harriers website for directions.
Beacon Fell in Google Maps
22 November 2015
Team results: Combined mens team came 6th.
1 February 2015
6 November 2013
Team results: Combined mens team came 5th, ladies came 2nd.
4 November 2012
Team results: Combined mens team came 4th.
6 November 2011
Team results: Combined mens team came 6th, ladies came 2nd.