The Arrowe park cross country race is set in a country park set below Arrowe Park hospital.
It is mostly on grass and quite open, parts can be muddy depending on the recent weather and the whole course is on a slope. But in general it is a gentle introduction to Cross Country running.
Trail shoes or spikes are best, though road shoes are possible in dry conditions.
The course is shown below, there will bit 2 laps plus a small extra bit at the start to thin the runners out. This makes it a good race for spectators as well.
How to get there
Go down the M56 and onto the M53;
- From M53 Junction 3 take the A552 towards Upton / West Kirby /Heswall / Hospital.
- At lights turn left onto A551 for Heswall / Thingwall.
- At second lights turn right into Arrowe Park at Cherry Orchard pub, CH49 5LW.
There is plenty of parking behind the Cherry Orchard Pub
There is a cafe with food/drink and toilets between the car park and course. To use the toilets you may be asked to be a customer at the cafe. There are no changing facilities.
After the race follow the directions below to the Pensby Recreational Center for sandwiches and refreshments whilst awaiting results. Unfortunately there are no showers available.
- Turn right onto A551 to mini-roundabout.
- Turn right onto B5138 for Pensby and Heswall.
- The Centre is on the left before the traffic lights after a mile or so.
- Turn into large car park through gate in white fence (easy to miss!).
Arrowe Park in Google maps
3 January 2016
20 November 2014
1 December 2013
|21||Jonathan Smith||41||Jenny McClelland|
|57||Jim Dawson||51||Mary Burton|
|58||David Holmes||55||Debra Crouch|
|110||Joe Sparkman||73||Katy O’Connor|
2 December 2012
|40||David Holmes||43||Katy O’Connor|
4 December 2011
|13||Jonathon Smith||35||Kathryn Ryan|